The wellbeing of all the children in our care is our paramount concern and central focus.
We aim to work closely with all our parents to constantly improve our care and service. We welcome suggestions on how to improve our service and care and will give prompt and serious attention to any concerns.
We anticipate that most concerns will be resolved quickly by an informal approach to the appropriate member of staff and it is important that wherever appropriate that concerns are raised as soon as possible in line with the informal process. If this does not achieve the desired result or if the matter is not appropriate for an informal process, we have a clear formal procedure for dealing with your concerns.
We aim to bring all concerns regarding the running of our services to a satisfactory conclusion for all of the parties involved. We aim to learn from all matters raised with us for the benefit of all the children using our services, their parents / guardians, our tutors and our staff.
If you have a concern that can be dealt with informally you should discuss this first on a confidential basis with your child’s tutor or Centre Manager. They will work with you to clarify the issue, investigate it if necessary and from there to resolve the issue that you have raised and take action where appropriate to correct the issue that you have identified.
If you are not satisfied with the response from the informal stage or if you have a concern which is too serious to be raised at an informal level, you should raise your concern in writing to the main office.
Sue Michaels (owner of Red Bird Tutoring) will meet with you to discuss your complaint and following this, carry out an investigation into the issues that you have raised if this is applicable.
Sue Michaels will meet with you again if this is necessary and write back to you to confirm the outcome of the formal complaint process. This will be within 28 days of the first meeting with you.
An agreed written record will be taken of the main discussions, any decision taken and /or agreed action(s) for all complaints within the formal stages, All of the parties present at the meeting should sign the record and receive a copy of it. Red Bird Tutoring will maintain a copy of this confidentially and in line with all Data Protection Act requirements.
This confidential record of formal complaints will be made available for Ofsted inspectors on their request. Where there are general learning points for us, these will be provided in a way that does not refer back to the original complaint unless this has been specifically agreed with you as the complainant.
Complaints in Relation to Meeting Ofsted Requirements (England)
- Any complaint made in writing or made by e-mail that relates to the Requirements of the Voluntary Childcare Register (in England) will be fully investigated.
- Any complaint will be dealt with in full within 28 days of receipt of the written complaint, including a written response which will include an account of the findings of the investigation and any action taken as a result.
- Red Bird Tutoring keeps a written record of complaints which includes:
- the nature of the complaint,
- the Ofsted requirement it relates to,
- how the complaint was dealt with,
- the outcome of the investigation,
- any action taken, and
- whether the parent/guardian was given an account of the findings within 28 days of the date on which the complaint was
- Complaint report summaries (data protected) are available to parents/guardians and Ofsted on request.
- Complaints records are kept for three years, in line with Ofsted requirements.
If the complainant is not happy with the final decision made, or wishes to contact Red Bird Tutoring’s regulatory body before speaking to the management team, they can take their complaint directly to Ofsted.
Complaints made to Ofsted about a provider may be referred to the provider for investigation.
Ofsted Complaints Line: 0300 123 1231
Best New Business 2020!
We are thrilled to announce that Red Bird Tutoring has been chosen as the Best New Business at our local SME Awards!
Thank you so much to all of our amazing tutors and learners, who make every day at Red Bird amazing!
Sue and the Red Bird Team